Friday, July 26, 2013

Book Review for Resisting Her by Kendall Ryan

 

 
 
Synopsis:
 
Agent Cole Fletcher lives for his job at the FBI, and he’s more than ready for his next assignment—raiding a cult compound and putting their leader behind bars. But he isn’t prepared for Savannah and her knock you on your ass good looks. At nineteen, she’s too old for foster care and too damaged to live on her own. With nowhere else to go, and against his better judgment Cole takes her in. 
But helping her out won’t be easy. He comforts her through screaming nightmares and escaping the lingering fears of her past, but that’s the easy part. Her preference to sleep cuddled up next to his warm body, and her desire to please him in every way makes her harder and harder to resist.
Review:
 
When I started this book I was so excited because I loved the synopsis and was sure it would be a page-turner. Who would ignore THAT synopsis?! Am I right?!
 
Unfortunately, it fell short for me even though it had plenty of potential. FBI hunk, Cole Fletcher, takes in a 19 year old Savannah when she is sent to a half-way house after being rescued from a cult compound. Cole takes her in and tries to help her acclimate to life outside of the compound.
That’s pretty much all that happens (sprinkled in with some sekz). Savannah settles in way too fast to life with Cole who is A STRANGER. All she does is cook for him and sleep with him. DASSIT. I didn't really connect to her either. I didn't get a sense for who she was as a character.

All in all, I was left wanting more. More drama, more plot, more sekz, more everything. What ever happened with Dillon? What was the point of Abbi’s character?
 
 
This was almost a DNF for me and the only reason I skimmed through to the end was to see if anything happened with Dillon. I still do enjoy Kendall Ryan's writing so I'll give another one of her books a chance! Crossing my fingers. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment