Thursday, July 25, 2013

Book review of Altered (Altered #1) by Jennifer Rush



Synopsis:
When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.




Review:

I ran across this book on goodreads, I was searching for new 2013 releases and I was swept off my feet with the description. What a cool friggin concept!



In Altered, you're thrown right into a sort of weird life that Anna (the protagonist) is living. Yet it's basically normal to her. Anna is a sweet girl with a big heart that is thrown into a situation that I felt she did really well in. She starts off kind of small but she shows us she kicks major ass, she even surprises herself with her inner strength she didn't even know she had.

Normally you have one love interest but in this book you fall in love with 4 guys for different reasons. This isn't a love triangle type of thing but it's even better.  


These other characters are lovable as brothers and I was hooked from the first page. Literally, the first page. You'll know what I mean when you read it.  



I really enjoyed the mystery solving aspect of this book, and the ACTION. The action was amazing. I loved all of the characters and I can't wait for the next installment.  

If you're looking for a new series, give Altered a try. 



1 comment:

  1. I have seen this one around a lot lately. I think I'll give this one a go.

    Great review, chick!

    ReplyDelete