Saturday, August 3, 2013

Book review of The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire #1) by Jennifer Probst



Synopsis:

A marriage in name only...


To save her family home, impulsive bookstore owner, Alexa Maria McKenzie, casts a love spell. But she never planned on conjuring up her best friend's older brother—the powerful man who once shattered her heart.

Billionaire Nicholas Ryan doesn’t believe in marriage, but in order to inherit his father’s corporation, he needs a wife and needs one fast. When he discovers his sister’s childhood friend is in dire financial straits, he offers Alexa a bold proposition.

A marriage in name only with certain rules: avoid entanglement. Keep things all business. Do not fall in love. The arrangement is only for a year so the rules shouldn’t be that hard to follow, right?

Except fate has a way of upsetting the best-laid plans…


Review:

I finished this one pretty quickly. It was a fun, cute, quick read! At times it was predictable but I think it has more to do with the genre than it does the author. Speaking of which, I loved Jennifer Probst's writing. This was the first book I read by her, and it was really fun!

Alexa  needs money and Nick needs a wife. Enter Alexa's bff/Nick's sister and BINGO. Nick is super rich and has some deep rooted love issues. His character reminded me a little of Mr. Christian Grey. He's a walking Ken doll who loves his classical music and opera (WINNER). Alexa is funny, quirky, and hopeless to help save her family home.When she confides in her bff Maggie, this little arrangement gets set up. I don't wanna go further into detail because it will give the story away.

There were some really funny and endearing scenes which I didn't really expect! And the sekz was pretty great although, in my opinion, there could have been a little more. Also, I love me some drama and this story didn't really have anything juicy. Boo.


Overall, if you're looking for a quick and sexy book make sure to pick this up! I'll be starting the next one in the series, The Marriage Trap, soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment