Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Book review of Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


(6 stars) we may or may not have made up a new star rating...#sorrynotsorry


Synopsis:


Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?


Joint review:


Melody: It's not a sekrit that JLA is my favorite author ever. EVERRR.  I have read ALL of her books and I love them all. 

Betsy: Melody introduced me to JLA and seriously, it's the best introduction to anyone in the history of EVER. I love every single one of her books. This woman is my hero.

Melody: Betsy and I actually went through a mission to buy this book early. We drove 30 miles and to two different bookstores to get our copies of Origin. To some people that may not be a lot but we live in Miami where you don't have to drive too far out for anything! 

Melody: We actually titled it "Operation: Origin". After we had the books, we made a quick stop to purchase some Origin survival essentials including but not limited to: coffee and ice cream.  


Melody: It was around 10 PM we began our all night readathon. When we read a book simultaneously, we text each other page numbers and gifs to illustrate our feels. We finished up around 4:30 AM


All I have to say is: 


Betsy: This book almost killed me. Literally. First off, it felt so different to me than all the other books in the series. It felt darker and more dire. In Opal we're left with the Cliff Hanger from FEELS HELL and in Origin we are quickly thrown back into the story and the feels. From the very first few lines I was ready to go on this EPIC THRILL RIDE.



Melody: My gosh. This was a non stop action book. I was in cardiac arrest for the entire 5 hours that I was reading this book.  I don't think there are many authors that can give me so many feels. I constantly had butterflies in my stomach and goose bumps on my arms! 

Betsy: Come to think of it, I think Melody and I were checking up on each other more than anything else LOL. "Are you still with me Mel?! Have I lost you to Feelslandia?!"

Betsy: Origin was so fantastic, you guys! I didn't see the direction it went in coming. Not for one minute. And there were some seriously BAD ASS fighting and action scenes. Along with some swoon worthy moments. Kat and Daemon's relationship felt so much more meaningful to me in this book. Like I mentioned before, I felt this book was more intense and I think that really reflected in their relationship. They're been through so much already and they keep getting thrown into these horrible situations. BUT I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP! They are perfect together, damn it!


Melody: There's not much I can say about origin without revealing a spoiler. What I can say is that I LOVED IT and I don't know what I'm supposed to do with my life until the next book. 



Betsy: Go read this right NAO! You're going to have your world blown! I'm SO proud of JLA. I wasn't expecting anything less than absolutely amazing from her, but she STILL managed to beat me with the HOLYSHITOMGFEELSIMGONNADIE stick. I'm currently suffering from a MAJOR Book Hangover. And it's not just any Book Hangover, it's a JLA Book Hangover (the best kind there is). I can't wait to see where the final book takes us!



2 comments:

  1. There will be another book from the series?? 'Cause Melody said that she couldn't wait until the next book!!! If there wil... I would die. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished.... :0 .... :'( .... :S I don't know what I"m feeling!!!

    Why must I wait for the next one! Gah! She gets me every time. Seriously though, couldn't agree more that JLA is amazing. Her plot and pacing are unparalleled in YA lit. Love it. Can't wait to see where she takes us next. Great spoiler free review. Love you guys on IG!

    ReplyDelete