Friday, September 6, 2013

Book review of Me Before You by Jojo Moyes




Synopsis:

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.


What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


Review:

Will is an active, gorgeous man who lives his life to the fullest. He's a successful business man who has the world at his feet and he knows it. Lou is comfortable. At 27, she still lives at home and hasn't found what she's truly passionate about. She likes her job working in a local cafe and is happy in her slowly diminishing relationship of 6 years.

Fate brings Will and Lou together when Will becomes a quadriplegic and Lou loses her job.

Let me just say that thinking about this book opens up a #feels river. It was such a well written and engaging story. And my favorite thing about it is that its not a book about romance. It's a book about LOVE- it's raw and real and heartbreaking. It's once of the most inspiring and thought-provoking books I have ever read. Ever.



I became so connected to the characters that I honestly couldn't handle my emotions. PLEASE read this beautiful story. My review will not do this book justice.

5 comments:

  1. I've seen this book around a lot and always look at it. After reading your review, I really want to find a copy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I'm really glad you're going to give it a shot! Let us know how you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more with your review, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting your blog through the Blogger Spotlight tour! I have this one on hold at the library, and have heard SO MANY good things about it. With just the simple text on the cover, it's one that I might not have picked up on my own, so I'm excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!! i loved this book too! It was amazing but my poor little heart. LOL.

    Have a great weekend,
    Elizabeth @ Blue Eyed Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete