Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Annual Blogger Spotlight Tour featuring "Read. Write. Ramble"


We are excited to participate in the Blogger Spotlight Tour hosted by Justine from The Closet Library and Jazmen from This Girl Reads a lot

We are featuring Rachel and Megan from Read. Write. Ramble., you can visit their blog by clicking here.  Follow them on twitter @readwriteramble, or add them on Goodreads, Megan's goodreads, Rachel's goodreads.

Rachel and Megan are two best friends that love to read, write and talk! (kinda like us!).  They like to fangirl as much as we do.  We are thrilled we were chosen to feature them! 


Get to know Megan and Rachel:


How did you ladies meet?
Rachel: Hehe, funny story! We met for the first time in second grade, when Megan started going to my school. But we spent most of elementary school hating each other, until...

Megan: ...sixth grade when we discovered we were both reading Twilight in homeroom. We totally bonded over our mutual love for Edward Cullen, and our fangirling madness has spiraled out of control from there. (And yes, occasionally we finish each other's sentences)

Why did you decide to start blogging?
Rachel: I don't even remember what triggered this, but one day in our freshmen year of high school I was like, "Megan, we should start a book blog!"

Megan: Rachel suggested the idea to me randomly in class one day and I was basically like, "YES WE READ LET'S DO THAT." Then, even though we kind of had absolutely no idea what we were doing, we decided to try to start a book blog even though it was the middle of Nanowrimo. We're crazy like that.

Who is your fictional boyfriend?
Rachel: I think you forgot an "s" there, because I have multiple fictional boyfriends: Jace from The Mortal Instruments, Noah from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss, Four from Divergent, Wes from The Truth About Forever, Eli from Along for the Ride, Owen from Just Listen... The list goes on and on!

Megan: Oh gosh...I don't think I could ever pick just one. I definitely also love Jace, Noah from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Noah from Pushing the Limits, either of the Stephanie Perkins boys, Four, Wes, and Owen....(those dots are me trying to be creative and name someone Rachel didn't)...ooh and Warner from Shatter Me!

If you could live in a fictional world for one day which one would it be and why?
Rachel: I would love to live in the Harry Potter world. I mean, who wouldn't want to go to Hogwarts?

Megan: YES. I definitely would want to go to Hogwarts for a day. No complaints about all those long essays from me. Magic homework would be WAYY better than normal homework.

If you could only keep one book for the rest of your life which one would it be?
Rachel: This is probably the hardest question I've ever been asked. I want to keep ALL THE BOOKS. I guess I'd choose The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. That book holds a special place in my heart.

Megan: Okay these questions are definitely getting harder. Is it cheating if I say one of those books that is actually a whole series crammed into one giant book? No? Okay fine. How about The Fault in Our Stars by John Green because it makes me feel all of the things.

Zombies or Vampires?
Rachel: Vampires, definitely. I tend to avoid anything with zombies. Books, movie, TV... Nope. Not a fan!

Megan: This one is actually tough for me....I like reading about both, and I watch TV shows about both (The Vampire Diaries and The Walking Dead) but I think I'm going to have to go with vampires.

Give us your best joke!
Rachel: *laughs nervously* I'm, uh, not so good with the jokes. *sweats* Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Megan: Ummmm......*Insert Clever Joke here?* Yeah we're pretty good with the wit and sarcastic comments.

Rachel: But not with the jokes. Sorry to disappoint! :P

 
Who is your all time favorite author?
Rachel: I can't pick one, but I can narrow it down to three! My top three favorite authors are Sarah Dessen, John Green, and Maureen Johnson.

Megan: I have way too many favorite authors to choose one, but I love John Green, Cassandra Clare, and Lauren Oliver to name a few.

What top 3 series do you recommend?
Rachel: We're both huge fans of SO MANY SERIES, so this is a hard one! The Mortal Instruments/The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, of course. Also The Curse Workers by Holly Black and Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

Megan: Since I love all of the ones Rachel named, I'll just name three others we both love. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, Evernight by Claudia Gray, and The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano.

Do you prefer e-reader or physical copy?
Rachel: Physical copy. I don't mind e-readers, but I prefer holding the book and caressing the book and maybe even throwing the book at the wall. Also, I like collecting books and displaying them on my shelves.

Megan: She's not kidding. She has like 5 or 6 copies of The Fault in Our Stars. I like having physical copies because Rachel and I try to go to book signings as often as we can and I like to be able to get things that aren't my Kindle signed. Plus, I kind of love that new book smell.

What book made you fall in love with reading?
Rachel: This is a bit of a tough one, since I've loved reading since I learned how to read in kindergarten. But there is one book that made me fall in love with reading all over again and turned my love of reading into a bit of an obsession, and that's Twilight. Hey, no eye-rolling! Without Twilight, I wouldn't have become friends with Megan or fallen in love with Young Adult books or started blogging! So I'll always be grateful for Twilight.

Megan: I'm eternally grateful to Twilight too! But I have to say that The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare totally got me back into reading after my Harry Potter slump. I hadn't read anything since I had finished The Deathly Hallows because I was convinced nothing would ever be good again. Cassie's series also got me into the world of YA books and is the reason I ended up on Goodreads, Twitter, etc.

What is your favorite book quote?
Rachel: I have a whole wall of my bedroom filled with my favorite book quotes, so it's hard to choose just one! Hmmm, how about: "You should never be surprised when people treat you with respect, you should expect it." It's from Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen (I told you she's one of my favorite authors!) and my younger, super-insecure self really connected with it when I read the book for the first time.

Megan: I have plenty of favorite quotes from books, but I think my most favorite actually isn't in a book. It's by an author though, so I'm counting it. "Nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff. Nerds are allowed to love stuff- like, jump-up-and-down-in-your-chair-can't-control-yourself love it. When people call people nerds, mostly what they're saying is, 'You like stuff,' which is not a good insult at all. Like, 'You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness.' That quote was by the brilliant genius called John Green and I use it for inspiration whenever I need it.

When did you first realize you were writers?
Rachel: I remember reading a Sarah Dessen book in seventh grade and thinking to myself "hey, maybe I could write my own books one day." Before this, I'd only written things for school assignments, but I started writing short stories and bits of novels for fun and realized that I loved it. I've been writing ever since!

Megan: Apparently I've been writing stories since I was little without knowing it. When I was a toddler I used to look at the pictures in books and make up my own stories based on the pictures before I could read. I really realized I liked writing in third grade when our teacher had us write a literary nonfiction project about a family of our favorite animals. I wrote about Barn Owls, and my teacher loved it and encouraged me to keep writing. I didn't start trying to write novels until a couple of years ago when Rachel and I first started doing Nanowrimo.

What is your favorite genre?
Rachel: I'll read pretty much anything as long as it's Young Adult, but my one true love is contemporary.

Megan: I love Young Adult, but I go through different moods as far as which genre is my favorite. Typically I read Contemporary in the summer and Fantasy and Supernatural stuff in the winter.

What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
Rachel: The Perks of Being a Wallflower. But the Harry Potter movies are brilliant.

Megan: I love the Harry Potter movies and The Hunger Games, but I've got to go with The Perks of Being a Wallflower too. You can't get much more perfect than Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, and Ezra Miller. Also when the author not only writes the movie, but casts and directs it too, nothing can go wrong.


8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for being apart of this tour! Amazing Interview. I hope we get to work with you guys again on another tour ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girls for kicking off this tour in such a great way! Thanks to you girls I have discovered that I have the same love of Sarah Dessen as Read. Write. Ramble. does and have followed them! This is what this tour is all about! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great questions guys and I loved Rachel and Megan's answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I love that John Green quote and pretty much all the books/series mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for interviewing us! You asked some great questions, and we're happy to have discovered your blog. :)
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful interview guys! I'm now following you via Bloglovin'! You can check out my interview on my blog as well. Hope you can give me a follow if you like my blog!
    Laura @ Music Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must live under a rock! I keep hearing rave reviews about the perks of being a wallflower, but have never seen a movie preview or read a synopsis of the book. Loved the interview :) I found all of ya on Goodreads & friend-requested you :)

    ~Shannon from http://maechs.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best deals on cheap air tickets,domestic - international flight tickets, Airport & Resort Services, holiday packages, tour & travel packages , Shuttle Services…
    Punta Cana Airport Transfer

    ReplyDelete