Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review of Then, Now, Forever (Heartbeat #2) by Teodora Kostova

ARC provided by Publisher for honest review.



Synopsis:

THEN



"Gia had let Beppe into her life so easily, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. She’d held him when he’d hurt so badly he’d thought he might die; she’d talked him down when he’d been so angry he’d considered doing something he’d regret for the rest of his life.

Gia had saved his life.

At least once he needed to be strong for her.

This right now, this moment, was theirs. It belonged to them, not to abusive or dead fathers, not to guilt, regret or sorrow, not to the past or the future."



But will their love survive when tragedy separates them?



“I have to go, Gia. I’m tired and I feel empty. I know you need me, but I have nothing left to give you. I need to heal.”

“I miss you so much it’s hard to breathe.”

NOW

"Beppe was still Gia’s closest friend. But they’d never be anything more than that again. Remembering what it felt like to have the person you love most in the world be torn away from you still hurt. Gia was determined never to be put into that position again."

There was never lack of love, but can Beppe win Gia’s trust again?

FOREVER

“When I was broken you gave me pieces of yourself and made me whole again.”

'Then, Now, Forever' is the second book of the Heartbeat series. It features characters from the first book in the series - 'In a Heartbeat' - but can be read as a stand alone novel. It's the complete story of Beppe and Gia - no cliffhanger.

New Adult Contemporary Romance, recommended for readers 17+ due to language, sexual situations and incredibly hot Italian guys.


Review:

ARC provided by Publisher for honest review.

4.5 stars.
THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, PEOPLE! 
Teodora, I love you. Seriously.

Although you don't have to read In a Heartbeat to understand this story, I would recommend you do due to the fact that they are first introduced in that book and you can get a first glimpse! This was such a beautiful story about fate, strength, friendship, struggles, forgiveness, love, growth, and family.There was not one thing about this book that I disliked (except for Beppe being fictional). Although I loved Max and Stella's story, I feel like this one obliterated it (IMO)! The love and understanding Gia and Beppe share is so damn perfect. 

Something I really enjoy about Teodora's writing is how real and raw it is. The story and the characters are jagged and have imperfections but are human and lovely and real. The way all the characters speak, interact, and curse is absolutely perfect. 

One of the main things I loved about this book is how deep it goes into their backgrounds. We learn SO much about Gia and Beppe. And we understand why they acted the way they did in book one of the series, In a Heartbeat. 

There was some CRAZY drama in this book! I was so enthralled by the pacing and the story and then, BAM, Betsy down! Seriously, I couldn't put this book down!



Gia is so great!She is incredibly strong and determined. To be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of her in the first book but from the first time I was introduced to her in Then, Now, Forever, I fell in love with her character! And Beppe. BEPPE!!! Such a sexy, kind, passionate, haunted man. I am absolutely in love with him- and here I thought Max was perfect. Sorry, Max #sorrynotsorry 


The things these two have to endure in life and in their relationship and friendship is just amazing. And it's so inspiring that in spite of constant ups and downs, they still manage to be there for one another over and over again. This book was super hot and beautiful and funny and heart-wrenching. Please read it!

I can't wait for Lisa and Gino's story!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment