Saturday, October 12, 2013

Book Review of Wild Cards (Wild Cards #1) by Simone Elkeles



Synopsis:

After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?

Review:

I love love LOVE Simone Elkeles. I actually had the pleasure of meeting her during her wild cards tour. She is hysterically funny and I love all of her books. No one does contemporary YA as good as she does.



I was a bit worried when I started reading this book because I don't know much about football, I was worried I would be confused with terminology and what not but it was perfect! I actually LOVED the fact that Ashtyn played football. I am a huge fan of the Perfect Chemistry and Ruined series and I'm so happy that Simone has given us another amazing series to follow. I. CANT. WAIT. I love that her characters are always more than what meets the eye.  They're never one dimensional.  In Wild Cards we are also introduced to a lot of other characters which I'm so excited to read their stories and get to know them better. 



She created another world I can't wait to be back in. Simone is the only contemporary YA author that is always believable, her characters are believable and so are her stories. I can't wait to continue following her work! I'm happy to add Wild Cards to my favorites shelf :).



Simone Elkeles and I at Books & Books in Miami!

To find out more about the Ruined series, click here.
To find out more about the Perfect Chemistry series, click here


No comments:

Post a Comment