Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Review of Altered (Crewel World #2) by Gennifer Albin



Synopsis:

Life. Possibility. Choice.

All taken from Adelice by the Guild—until she took them back.



But amid the splendid ruins of Earth, Adelice discovers how dangerous freedom can be. Hunted by soulless Remnants sent by Cormac Patton and the Guild, Adelice finds a world that’s far from deserted. Although allies are easy to find on Earth, knowing who to trust isn’t. Because everyone has secrets, especially those Adelice loves most. Secrets they would kill to protect. Secrets that will redefine each of them. Torn between two brothers and two worlds, Adelice must choose what to fight for.



In this thrilling sequel to Crewel, Adelice is about to learn how tangled up her past and future really are. Her parents ran to protect her, but nothing can save her from her destiny, and once she uncovers the truth, it will change everything.


My review:

Thank you so much Ursula for letting me borrow this ARC :).

I just want to say that Gennifer Albin is my favorite new author. I've actually had the pleasure of meeting her and she is amazing. Let me explain why:

The crewel world is one of the most unique world buildings I've read this year. Albin manages to give us post apocalyptic with a bit of sci-fi, but manages to keep it together and not scattered. She gives us a lot of cool stuff without confusing us and making it overwhelming.

Altered is completely different from Crewel, we have lots of revelations that had me in the feels constantly. Right. In. The. Feels.


Being in an entirely new world scared me for a moment, I was worried I wouldn't love it and that I'd be confused but the way Albin wrote it had be so curious about this "new world" (trying not to be spoilery for those who haven't read crewel yet). It was so amazingly awesome and descriptive that I had it perfectly pictured in my head and I kinda loved being there.

Adelice shows a lot if character development in this installment (I loved this) and I honestly can't wait for the next book. And for the finale:


No comments:

Post a Comment