Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Book Review of Cinderella Screwed Me Over by Cindi Madsen

ARC provided by Publisher for honest review.

Synopsis:
Darby Quinn has a bone to pick with Cinderella. Burned one too many times by ex-boyfriends, Darby has lost all belief in the happily-ever-after that the fairy-tale princess promised her. She's sworn off love, Prince Charmings, and happy endings and she's happy about it. Really. Or at least she was…until she met Jake, her gorgeous neighbor and the manager of her favorite restaurant. But Darby has rules about dating, ones she's culled from her years spent with so-called “princes,” and starting something with Jake would break all of them.

Charming, fun, and unwilling to give up on her, Jake doesn’t fit any of the profiles Darby has created from her case studies of ex-princes-gone-bad. Finally presented with her own Prince Charming, can Darby take a chance on a happily-ever-after?

Full of wit and sarcastic humor, Cinderella Screwed Me Over proves that sometimes the perfect love, like a perfect pair of shoes, is just within your grasp.

Review:

This book had me hooked from the start. The protagonist was hilarious! I especially loved all her "prince" case studies throughout the book.  I thought it was very unique and it really set this book apart from the others in it's genre.  I am also a huge Disney fan so I found it extra entertaining.  Darby has had really bad luck in relationships.  She basically decided to write off love because it never lasts. Until she meets Jake.  Jake is the manager/owner of her favorite restaurant.  I found myself really enjoying the interactions between the characters! It was a lot of fun to be in Darby's head, I felt like I was hanging out with one of my girlfriends the entire time.

I really, really loved how fabulous Darby was! 


The hero in this book is majorly swoony and I spent most of my time wanted to slap some sense into Darby but then realizing she was the way she was for a reason. All in all I enjoyed reading this book, I laughed out loud many times. The only thing I would have preferred personally was a little more "steamier" scenes towards the end.  If you're looking for a funny non-smutty adult book, check this one out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment