Sunday, November 17, 2013

Book review of If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman



Synopsis:

On a day that started like any other,


Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, admiring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. In an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she has left. It is the most important decision she'll ever make.

Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.


Review:


^ That was me just a few pages into the book. 
NO FAIR, Gayle Forman! NO. FAIR. 

This book was so easy to get started on. Right off the bat, I loved what a beautiful, united, and unique family Mia's family is. I felt like I was one of them. And that is why I was so shocked and devastated by what happens. Everything was nice and easy going and out of nowhere BAM! Emotional Terrorist level 7! 

WARNING: You're going to want to have book 2, Where She Went, handy.

I loved the way the book was written. There are a series of flashbacks that worked great, in my opinion. It really aided in helping the reader experience the struggle Mia goes through. It's such a moving book that you won't want to put it down!

If you're emotionally prepared for a heart-wrenching read, I recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment