Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Book review of Torn from You (Tear Asunder #1) by Nashoda Rose

ARC provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.


18068029

Synopsis:

Love is like an avalanche. It hits hard, fast and without mercy.


At least it did for me when Sculpt, the lead singer of the rock band Tear Asunder knocked me off my feet. Literally, because he’s also a fighter, illegally of course, and he taught me how to fight. He also taught me how to love and I fell hard for him. I mean the guy could do sweet, when he wasn't doing bossy, and I like sweet. 

Then it all shattered.

Kidnapped. 
Starved. 
Beaten. 
I was alone and fighting to survive.
When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me.

I was wrong.

(It is recommended to read "With You" the novella first).

*Warning: This book contains some disturbing situations, strong language and sexual content. Over 18 years.


This is a love story with some dark elements. Dark contemporary romance. No cliffhanger and next in the Tear Asunder series is Ream's story (the band's lead guitarist).

Review:

ARC provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Although it is recommended to read the novella, With You, first, I did not and was still completely enthralled with this story. But now I can't wait to read it and catch a glimpse into Sculpt/Logan and Emily's beginning.

This book started nice and sweet and all of a sudden I was thrown into what felt like a completely different world. I felt so sympathetic towards Emily especially when she comes to the realization of the situation she is really in. This is a really dark and heavy story so I don't recommend it to those who are easily offended or sensitive to stories about abduction and sexually graphic scenes.

All warnings aside, I LOVED THIS BOOK! Right from the beginning my heart was pounding and it wasn't necessarily for a bad reason...


Literally from one minute to the next everything changes and I started freaking out and not in the good way. My blood pressure must be through the roof right now! Seriously- the drama in this book make me one happy girl! I got about halfway through the book when I had to be human and I don't know... get out of bed to start my day. But the ENTIRE time I kept thinking of Logan and Emily and where this story would take them. Eventually I just sat down to finish the book because let's face it, I wasn't being productive at being a human.



This book is so wonderful! The writing, the world building, and the characters! Which brings me to a very important point! Every single one of the characters (yes, even the bad guys) in the book were awesome. I loved every single one of them and I'm so excited that we get to read Ream's story next!

The release day for this book is December 27, 2013. 

Bookcrastinators meet Nashoda Rose: 


For more information on her and her upcoming release please visit the links below:



1 comment:

  1. Can I just tell you how hard I'm giggling at the disco chicken? LMAO

    Dude, you love these super intense novels and you make me wanna read them but then I get all skurred!

    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete