Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Joint book review of Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark #1) by Pepper Winters



Synopsis:

A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.


“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.

Then it all changed.

I was sold.”



Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility. 


For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.

But lusty paradise is shattered.

Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror. 

Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.

Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?


Review:


Betsy: YOU GUISE! GUIIIIISE!!!!!!! Holy. Shit. On. A. Stick. I can't even. I honestly don't even know where to begin! Tears of Tess is HANDS DOWN one of my favorite reads this year. Pepper Winters, I applaud you!!! Get it, girl! Let me begin by saying that this book is not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex.  If you are easily offended, this book is not for you. (Although I highly recommend you try it out!)

Melody:  This book follows a young girl named Tess. The worst scenario happens to her when she is kidnapped in Mexico and, well I'm sure you have an idea where this goes based on the synopsis above. I didn't know what to expect when I started reading this but I was completely surprised with how good this book was! It's not the easiest thing to read, but it's such a great story in the most unideal situation one can be in. 

Betsy: This book is not at all what I expected it to be from reading the synopsis. In my mind I was embarking on a TOTALLY different adventure. I am so very glad I went for it though! I couldn't put this book down! And once again, congrats to Pepper Winters! I really enjoyed her writing!

Melody: Q.... I have no words lol.  Well maybe some, "Je suis à toi."  This book was just so well written! I really can't wait to read the next installment.

Betsy: Q!!! You swoon worthy SON OF A BITCH! I love you. This man! I seriously don't even know what to say about him. He's one of the most broken, sexiest, and darkest fictional men I have ever encountered. He's on my top 5 list. 



Betsy: This book had me biting my nails and screaming (not lying). By the time I finished my nerves were a frayed mess. This is now on my Favorites shelf FOREVAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!

Melody: We leave you with some teasers! 




2 comments:

  1. Does this have a Stockholm Syndrome thing going on? I get really nervous about reading those, lol

    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for an amazing review. You guys rock!!! xx

    ReplyDelete