Monday, January 6, 2014

Book review of Beautiful Surrender (Surrender #3) by Priscilla West

ARC provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.


18680446

Synopsis:

“What gives you a thrill Kristen?”

The conclusion to the Surrender Series by Priscilla West.

No one is who they seem to be. 

Kristen let Vincent into her heart because he seemed so different from everyone in her conservative world of wealth management. She thought they shared something special, but when she realizes that Vincent has been playing her the entire time, her heart is crushed. 

As Kristen’s relationship with Vincent reaches a crisis point, a man from Kristen’s past returns looking for a second chance. Is her ex-boyfriend really looking for redemption or is his goal something more sinister?

Kristen struggles to hold herself together, until she discovers a revelation that will change everything.

Review:

ARC provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I'm going to come out and say it- I think this series could have easily been a five star stand alone to rival. My humble opinion is that by making it a series, the story was weakened. Priscilla West is an amazing story teller and I can't wait to read more from her!

Holy shit!!! This is my favorite in the series! It was a non-stop page turner. I love that we got to see a more realistic side of Vincent in this book. We saw more human and less billionaire. I especially swooned over his concern and protective nature where Kristen was concerned.

OH! That part where someone gets sick and something happens- called it.

Towards the end of this book- who am I kidding... the grand majority of this book had me in permanent cardiac arrest mode. I WAS FREAKING LOVING IT! It was like a Lifetime movie meets spanish Novela. I swear, I eat this shit up lol. 

I don't think this is giving anything away (and if I do I am sorry but I must express my feels) but amidst the chaotic drama towards the end there's something that goes down with broken thumbs. I about died at the sentiment of it. My reaction:



I really hope you guys read this! I highly recommend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment