Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Book review of A Moment (Moments #1) by Marie Hall



Synopsis:

Ryan Cosgrove and Liliana Delgado are on a collision course with destiny. They don’t know it yet, but before the night is over their lives will be forever changed.


Spending Valentine’s Day at a burlesque bar, hadn’t been Liliana’s ideal way of spending a Friday night. She’d much rather be back on campus doing homework… until she meets Ryan. Tall, athletic, and gorgeous, Lili can’t keep her eyes off him, and despite his gruff manners and drunken disposition she’s intrigued.

Ryan’s got demons, and they’re deep, dark, and eating him alive. Regardless of his attraction to the petite brunette he’s tired of fighting, of pretending the last fifteen years haven’t been a daily struggle just to get out of bed every morning. That night he decides to end his pain, to leave it all behind and float away into the blessed darkness of oblivion. But fate has other plans for him, Lily finds and rescues Ryan, determined she’ll not only save his body, but his soul too.

This is their moment…


Review:

MAMA LOVES DRAMA! Seriously... you can ask Melody and she'll tell you I'm a drama junkie. Right from the very beginning this book delivered! Wow! I honestly was not expecting to LOVE this! This was quite the love story, ladies and gents.

This book is the definition of raw angsty realness. If you are thinking of reading this please keep in mind that there is strong content that some readers might feel uncomfortable with.

The characters were so vulnerable and genuine that I immediately connected with them. Both Ryan and Liliana have issues they're dealing with and they happen to cross paths at the perfect moment. They truly save one another! I can't really get into depth without spoiling the plot but do know that when I learned Ryan's big secret I wanted to comfort him. And as I witnessed Liliana's struggles I wanted to help. Every single one of the characters in this book got under my skin and some even into my heart. I'm so very glad I came across this book! This story had me enthralled from the start. READ IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment