Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Book review of Mystery Man (Dream Man #1) by Kristen Ashley



Synopsis:

Night time is the right time...

Gwendolyn Kidd has met the man of her dreams. He's hot, he's sexy, and what started as a no-names-exchanged night of passion has blossomed into a year and a half-long pleasure fest. Sure, it's a little strange that he only appears in her bed at night, but Gwen is so sure he's the one, she just can't turn him away... 

Hawk Delgado knows more about Gwen than she could ever imagine. She's gorgeous, headstrong, and skittish about relationships. But Hawk is facing his own demons, demons that keep him from connecting with anyone. Yet when Gwen is drawn into Denver's lethal underground scene, Hawk's protective nature comes out full force. The problem is, when Gwen gets a dose of Hawk's Alpha attitude in the daylight, she's not so sure he's the one anymore.... 

Review:

The synopsis is not what it seems!! The protagonist is not a crazy slut who's having sex with a random dude sneaking into her place.  With that being said.

THIS BOOK. HOLY SHIT. The first book I read in 2014 was disappointing but this one made up for it tenfold.



I don't even know what to remark on. I loved EVERYTHING about this book. I couldn't put it down. I friggin love Gwen! I can't even start on Hawk right now. I felt so emotionally connected to Gwen and her family.  All the characters were believable and I felt as if they were real.  Which usually happens when I read a really good book.


Seriously if you like contemporary romance, read this book.


I filed it under biker books, it's not a biker book but there is a motorcycle club involved. There's also DEA, ex military bad asses, and cops. The trifecta of awesomeness. I guess it's a squarefecta if you include the bikers.  What more could you ask for?!


Just saying.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good! I love YA Contemporary so of course I'll be reading this one! :) thanks for the great review!! (Loved the pictures btw!)

    -Kimi of Geeky Chiquitas
    www.geekychiquitas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete