Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Book Review of Bottom Feeder by Maria G. Cope

 

Synopsis:


Graduating high school was Maddy Carrington's chance to leave her abusive childhood behind. When she discovers her father is a murderer, her chance of getting out of Georgia alive comes from a nineteen-year-old war veteran with deadly secrets that may cost both of their lives. 

Jackson thought the worst of his battles were over. Returning from a year-long tour in Afghanistan, he planned to relax and eat his way through every restaurant in Savannah. That is, until he makes a deal with the South's most notorious crime boss, Cordell Carrington.

They want to tell you their story with one stipulation: absolute confidentiality.

**This book contains mature language, mild violence, and mild sexual content. Discretion is advised**

Review:


I discovered this book because it was free and because I had major cover love.

I can't help it! I know I can't judge the book by it's cover and this one was a prime example.  I am SO confused with this book! The writing had it's choppy moments but I was still intrigued enough to keep reading. I was enveloped in the story and I wasn't expecting certain things in the story. 

I was intrigued enough to finish the book in mostly one sitting. It had a lot of things going for it. I found myself extremely annoyed by the characters sometimes. I understand that they need to develop but a certain character didn't develop until the last 40 or so pages. I don't know. I just don't know. The main thing that pissed me off was the kind of non ending. There's no ending for a certain plot. I'm so confused. Is there another book? What's going on? 


No comments:

Post a Comment