Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Book review of Elevator Heat by B.D. Rowe

19281686

ARC provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Twenty-year-old Maddie has had a crush on Colin, her studly internship supervisor, for three long months. She struggles focusing on her work, and always finds herself gazing at his wavy brown hair, his chiseled cheekbones, his kissable lips. Little does she know, however, that he has feelings for her, too. 


The problem is no matter how much time they spend together in the office, neither one can ever make the first move. 



That is, until they both step into the old, rickety elevator late one Friday night.


And things start to get a little steamy...

**Mature Situations and Sexual Content - Recommended for Ages 17+*



ARC provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I freaking love the cover of this book! #BookCoverJudger (I'm working on it...) The book was cute. I liked the premise and actually enjoyed the poor characters being stuck in an elevator. Come on, think of how horrible it must be to get stuck in an elevator. Now, what would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with the hottie you've been lusting after at work!? 



Unfortunately, this book fell short for me and I'm sad it did. I was expecting a really sexy read. Ok, I"ll just say it... I was expecting really hot elevator sex. With that being said, it was a quick fun read but I was left wanting more. I feel like if the story were longer, there could've been more character development so that there would be actual depth to the characters.

Also, something that was kind of annoying was how repetitive it was due to the dual POV's. It was also quite confusing which made reading the book a little frustrating. UGH if only this were a full length novel as opposed to a Novella! That would've helped us connect to the character and would've made quite the difference.

Would I recommend this for purchase? Maybe. I personally wouldn't read this again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment