Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Book review of Branded (Sinners #1) by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki





Fifty years ago the Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society. He created the Hole where sinners are branded according to their sins and might survive a few years. At best. 

Now LUST wraps around my neck like blue fingers strangling me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit and now the Hole is my new home. 

Darkness. Death. Violence. Pain. 

Now every day is a fight for survival. But I won’t die. I won’t let them win.

The Hole can’t keep me. The Hole can’t break me. 
I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter. 
My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.




ARC provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review.

Abi and Missy sent this over to me and I was immediately sucked into it the minute I received it. Unfortunately, "civilian/real life" called and I couldn't pick it up for another week because of work. But that entire week I kept thinking about the book and the characters I had just met.


I freaking LOVED this story. The world building in this was absolutely ridiculous. My imagination had a field day with "The Hole" - it actually reminded me a lot of Elysium. It was very vivid and raw in my head.





This book had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! It was like a never ending roller coaster! There were quite a few times I was freaking out and close to biting my nails down to the bone.


Besides the world building, what really made the book for me were the characters. I really connected to the characters... ZEUS being my favorite! 



I did have a few issues with the book which kept it from being a 5 star review. Although it was a fast paced read for the most part, the flow felt choppy at times and there were actually a few times that if it weren't for my interest in the characters and their stories, I would've stopped reading. Also, when I reached the ending I felt a little cheated. After such an intense ride I expected it to end a little differently.



Over all the book is one I would recommend if you're looking for a fast but intense read. And when I say fast it's because you won't want to put it down! Can't wait for some answers in the sequel. Congrats Abi and Missy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing for us <3

    ReplyDelete