Friday, May 23, 2014

Book Review of Vain (The Seven Deadly #1) by Fisher Amelie


If you’re looking for a story about a good, humble girl, who’s been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, only to find out she’s not as vulnerable as she thought she was and discovers an empowering side of herself that falls in love with the guy who helps her find that self, blah, blah, blah...then you’re gonna’ hate my story.

Because mine is not the story you read every time you bend back the cover of the latest trend novel. It’s not the “I can do anything, now that I’ve found you/I’m misunderstood but one day you’ll find me irresistible because of it” tale. Why? Because, if I was being honest with you, I’m a complete witch. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a friend using, drug abusing, sex addict from Los Angeles. I’m every girlfriend’s worst nightmare and every boy’s fantasy.

I’m Sophie Price...And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most envied girl to the girl no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.



I love how the best books sometimes have the most misleading synopsis! This book took me places I was definitely not expecting.

This book follows Sophie Price, which is probably one of the most well written characters I have ever read.  The author did not hold back when creating her in the sense that she is a broken girl doing things most broken young women do.  She was very harsh and yet two seconds later very vulnerable.  She was just a very "real" character in my eyes.


This book is about stripping away all of your comforts and things you're used to and being put in situations that are someone else's daily reality.  The character development in this book was astounding!  Sophie starts off as a very unlikable character.  It was sad at times and difficult to read but even though she was unlikable, it was for a good reason. 


I usually have a hard time reading books where characters use drugs, I'm not sure why but that's just the way I am. That was one of my concerns when picking up this book but it was so insignificant in the book that I had no problem reading it. I definitely recommend this book to everyone (especially if you're going through tough times) ! 




2 comments:

  1. I NEED to read this book. It's been on the list so long and this review has sold it to me! Great post!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!I read Vain last year and I loved it so much.Some things that happened really affected me and I'll have to agree with you on the synopsis part!It was more than misleading.

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete