Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Book Review of The Return (Titan #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

*DON'T READ THIS SYNOPSIS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE COVENANT SERIES, IT HAS MAJOR SPOILERS (the review is spoiler free). 
It's been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them.  And so far, the jobs they've given him have been violent and bloody - which is kind of all right with him.  But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth.  He's got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.  

Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy's deal might be, but it's a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to "puree".  Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of an ancient myth is gunning for her.

But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.
I'm trying to form coherent thoughts right now. It's a little difficult because I'm majorly reeling in my feelings. 

Jennifer Armentrout can't do wrong in my eyes! First of all I feel like I need to start off by saying that I love Greek mythology books. I also need to add that I've read many books with the Greek mythology theme and I feel no one has done it as well as Armentrout has. 

I LOVED the covenant series and when I heard there was going to be a spin off of Seth's story I was SO EXCITED. When I heard it was new adult paranormal I flipped my shit.

I never thought I could love another one of Armentrout's male characters as much as I love Aiden and Daemon but I was WRONG. Holy Seth! I love finally being in that head of his. His development throughout the story was perfect.  He makes my heart hurt and in the next line he cracks me up.

Enters Josie. Josie is a mortal... Sort of. I'm not going to give anything away but she goes through a lot in this book and handles it as best as she can. At first I didn't know how to feel about her but halfway through the book she really stood out as a character and I love where this is all going. 

This book was a great introduction to this new series, it feels familiar to covenant because we have these awesome characters and amazing world that we love, yet it's also feels completely different. I'm happy to add this new series to my favorites! 


No comments:

Post a Comment