Saturday, July 5, 2014

Blogger Spotlight *Grownup Fangirl*

We are so happy to share our new affiliate with you guys. The ladies at Grownup Fangirl are awesome and super fun. Get to know them below and make sure to check them out on all social media (the links are below the Q&A)!

We would also like to congratulate Amber on her new position with Inkslinger PR

Grown Up Fangirl




How did you ladies meet?

Amber: I met Carmen on Instagram back before YALLFest 2013, she asked me to be her Instagram parabatai, and turns out we’re super tight offline too! I met Ursula when I didn’t have a ticket to see VRoth at YALLfest and took to the internet to find one. Turned out to be fate because we’re super tight too, and hung out most of YALLfest together. I met Christina through Carmen online and recently hung with her in Nashville for a huge event. Now we’re all a big happy family!

Carmen: The wonderful world of Instagram!

Christina: I met Carmen through FB when we were planning on hitting up the TMI Mall Tour back in July 2013. Amber and I met through Carmen in early 2014, and Ursula and I also met through FB back in 2013.

Ursula: I met Amber at YALLFEST 2013, we chatted quite a bit by text before that though, she needed a VRoth keynote ticket and I had an extra one! It was destiny as you can see!
I met Carmen at YALLFEST 2013 as well, waiting in line for VRoth keynote speech.
Christina I met on Facebook when we both joined Better in Black Group, and then our blogger worlds collided and we finally met in person at RT Booklovers 2014.
Why did you decide to start blogging?

Amber: I started blogging when I was pregnant, my blog started out as a product review blog, because I was super bored on bed rest and then I was like “you know I really love reading. I should blog about books” and the rest as they say, is history.

What book made you fall in love with reading?

Ursula: I read Wuthering Heights in High school and that’s where it all began, I went on a reading hiatus for a bit and it was Twilight that ignited that old flame again.

Who is your fictional boyfriend?

Amber: I have so many. I’m a fictional whore. Uh. 

YA: Four, Jace Wayland, Jem Carstairs, Adrian Ivashkov, Aaron Warner, and Daemon Black (though lets face it those last two could totally be NA).


NA: Jack F’n Carter *swoon* Beanie boy from Cora Carmack’s All Lined Up (ha-ha), Rule from Jay Crownover’s ‘Rule’, Ridge from Maybe Someday, Ben from Five Ways To Fall by K.A. Tucker, but most importantly maybe is: Zach, aka “goat boy” from Chelsea Fine’s Finding Fate series. I say this because, I happen to know he’s going to get a girlfriend named Amber later in the series. WIN.

See? Total slutbag.

If you could live in a fictional world for one day which one would it be and why?

Carmen: Hmmm.. probably the shadowhunter world - preferably the late 1800’s! I’m obsessed with The Infernal Devices. I’d love to meet Tessa, Will, and Jem!

Christina: I would like to live in the Divergent world. Only because I want to be able to say I've smelled, licked, tasted Four up close and personal. No other reason.

If you could only keep one book for the rest of your life which one would it be?

Amber: The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Hands down my all time favorite book in the history of ever. (followed closely by Looking For Alaska by John Green and I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson)

Zombies or Vampires?

Amber: Vampires. I’m TERRIFIED of Zombies.


Carmen: Uh…. Vampires!! I’d rather suck blood than eat guts lol!!

Christina: Vampires. Zombies are gross.

Ursula: Vampires hands down!!

Which 3 fictional characters would you like to  be paired up with during a zombie Apocalypse?

Christina: Jace Wayland/Herondale from The Mortal Instruments - he'd kick butt and also be my boy toy when I'm lonely. Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone - she's a really cool girl and can also kick butt.  Daemon from the Lux series - he makes me laugh, he can kick butt, and he's excellent eye candy.
Ursula: Will Herondale, Harry Potter, and Katniss Everdeen.

Tell us about your bookish tattoos!

Amber: My first was my 3 birds behind my ear. I got it on a whim because I just reallllyyy love the Divergent series. After that, I got an angelic rune on my wrist, Fortitude on my left collarbone. “Little Dhampir” (Adrian’s “pet name” for Rose in the Vampire Academy series, drawn by Nathan Shaw who’s actually in the VA movie. WEE!), I have a quote written out by Tahereh Mafi from the Shatter Me series on my right forearm: “She spent her life folded between the pages of books.” I also have “destroy me” (Warner’s novella title) written by Tahereh on my right foot. Let’s seeeeeee. I have a paw print drawn by Cora Carmack in honor of my first big marketing gig (seriously her All Lined Up Street Team… we’re AMAZING) but it also reps my SEC team, LSU. I have triangles around my birds, a throwback to the Delirium series scar by Lauren Oliver, and I have “The Sky Is Everywhere, It Begins At Your Feet” written just above my left foot in Carmen’s handwriting – a quote from ‘The Sky Is Everywhere’ by Jandy Nelson. I have many, many more planned…I think I have an addiction.





Carmen: I have two! I have Tris’s ravens on my right collarbone. My other bookish tattoo is part of a quote from Clockwork Prince - “ We live and breathe words”. I messaged Cassandra Clare to see if I could get it in her handwriting, and she tweeted me a picture of it! So… I have her handwriting on my forearm :) 

Christina: Divergent ravens on left shoulder (there are 3 ravens) - these, for me, symbolize the three time when I must be brave: with my life, with my love, with my career.
Divergent quote on left arm: I got the quote "fear doesn't shut you down, it wakes you up". I was sexually assaulted when I was 20 years old and the only reason I was about to survive it was because I didn't let fear overcome my ability to still love others.

City of Glass quote of right arm: I got "there is no pretending. I love you, and I will love you until I die. And if there's life after that, I'll love you then." My favorite quote on love. It just screams "Love hard, love boldly, love forever". That's my goal.
I'll have two more by the end of September.
Ursula: I have a fearless rune on my forearm, an equilibrium rune on my left hand, a clairvoyance rune on my right hand all inspired by Cassandra Clare’s Shadowhunter Chronicles, I also have “LIVE, LOVE” tattooed on my knuckles inspired by Colleen Hoover’s Hopeless, and the most recent one I got is the cover of Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi together with the Shakespeare quote Warner has tattooed on him, that one is on my right arm.









Who is your all time favorite author?

Amber: Jandy Nelson.John Green.Tahereh Mafi.Cora Carmack.JLA.J.Sterling (I made them all one really long name because that’s a Ludacris question.)

Carmen: What’s with all these tough questions, man? I really love Jennifer L. Armentrout :)

Christina: Oh goodness. I don't have just ONE: A.S. King, Cassandra Clare, Benjamin Alire Saenz.
Ursula: Jennifer L Armentrout and Jandy Nelson.
What top 3 series/books do you recommend?

Amber: can I separate these into genres too? Yes? Okay.


YA: THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson, ANYTHING Jandy Nelson writes. Read it. The same can be said for John Green. The Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi (She has a beautiful written voice and such a different style. It’s amazing.)

NA: The Perfect Game series by J. Sterling (Seriously could not put these down), Losing It series/Rusk University series by Cora Carmack (SO FREAKIN GOOD), and Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover.

Carmen: The Lux Series - Jennifer L. Armentrout, Thougthless Trilogy - S. C. Stephens, The Infernal Devices - Cassandra Clare.

Do you prefer e-reader or physical copy?

Amber: I usually read most books on an e-reader and then I buy physical hard copies of the ones I love. I joke a lot that one day when the world goes to shit and the government pulls all of your ebooks, I’ll still have hundreds of physical copies. haha

Carmen: Physical copy for sure! There’s nothing more enjoyable than waking up and staring at my bookshelf that holds all my babies.Though I do have an iPad to take with me on trips so I don’t end up wrecking my book in the process. 

Christina: Physical.

Ursula: Physical copy all the way!

What is your favorite book quote?

Carmen: “One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” - Cassandra Clare - Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices)


Ursula: “We live and breathe words…It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.” – Will Herondale

What is your favorite genre?

Amber: Easily contemporary romance, either YA or NA.

Carmen: Honestly, it’s a tie between YA and NA. 

Christina: Contemporary. Romance.
Ursula: YA

What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?

Amber: So far it’s been Divergent. I thought they did a beautiful job bringing that movie to life!! Also, TFIOS was amazing! I just learned Looking For Alaska is being adapted though, and that’ll give everything a run for it’s money!


Carmen: The Fault in Our Stars. Hands down. That movie wrecked my world in the most fabulous way possible.

Christina: Forrest Gump (it's actually my favorite movie of all time)

Ursula: The Fault in Our Stars


Carmen: Facebook - Twitter - Goodreads 
Christina: Facebook - Twitter - Goodreads
Ursula: Twitter - Goodreads 

Make sure to add on all social medias!

No comments:

Post a Comment