Monday, July 14, 2014

Book review of Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers #1) by Lili St. Germain


 

My father was most certainly NOT an innocent man. As the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC, he was guilty of many things. But he died for a crime that he didn’t commit, framed by an enemy within who then stole his club and everything he had ever worked to protect.

Including my innocence.

When Dornan Ross framed my father, he set into motion a series of events that could never be undone. My father was murdered by Dornan Ross and his sons when I was fifteen years old.

Before my father died, Dornan Ross and his seven sons stole my innocence, branded my skin and in doing so, ensured that their lives would be prematurely cut short. That they would suffer.

I’ve just turned twenty-one, and I’m out for blood. I'm out for revenge.

But I didn't expect to fall for Jase, the youngest brother in the club.

I didn't expect that he would turn my world upside down, yank my heart out of my chest and ride away into the sunset with it.

Now, I'm faced with an impossible choice - Jase, or avenging my fathers death?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18751827-seven-sons


This is a very dark, raw, and gritty read. It contains adult themes which I personally wouldn't recommend to anyone under the age of 18 or to anyone who is sensitive to strong subjects including (but not limited to) rape and murder.

We never write spoilery reviews in general but I will be EXTRA careful because this is a story you want to go in blind for. Seriously. After being recommended to me numerous times by different people I decided to finally pick it up. HOLY SHIT.

we have our protagonist, Juliette AKA Sammi, who is now one of my favorites of ALL TIME. She is seriously a Bad Ass Bitch. At fifteen she lost everything you can imagine- her family, her innocence, and almost her life. Now 21, she is back with a vengeance. This story is so freaking cool! We are introduced to the story and the characters immediately. The writing is amazing and the flow of it keeps you on board for this thrilling ride!

What kept me from giving it 5 stars is how short this is. I devoured this in a couple of hours and was so enthralled that when I got to the end I was like WTF. Also, Sammi's relationship with Dornan- I just can't. I understand she needs to infiltrate the MC but my skin literally crawls every time they're together. I'm not sure how Sammi is going to pull off this grand plan. It all seems so obvious and dangerous to me. But she is one determined chick! On to book 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment