Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Book review of Rules of Protection (A Tangled in Texas Novel) by Alison Bliss




It’s rule breaker Emily Foster's birthday, and like everyone at The Jungle Room, she just wants to get some action. Unfortunately, she stumbles on the wrong kind, witnessing a mob hit. To protect her, she’s entered into the Witness Protection Program with by-the-book Special Agent Jake Ward as her chaperone.

When the location of their safe house is compromised, Jake stashes Emily deep in the Texas backwoods. The city-girl might be safe from the Mafia, but she has to contend with a psychotic rooster, a narcoleptic dog, crazy cowboys, and the danger of losing her heart to the one man she can’t have.

Jake's as hot as he is infuriating, and she can't help but push all his buttons to loosen him up. Their mutual, sizzling sexual attraction poses a dilemma: Jake’s determined to keep her safe and out of the wrong hands; she’s determined to get into the right ones—his. 



ARC provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book! I mean, SEXY ASS FBI AGENT and hilariously cheeky heroine... can you say YES, PLEASE?! I'm going to round it up to 4 stars because we don't do half ratings and it's truly a 3.75 to me. I read this in a day! Lately it's been really hard for me to actually just sit down and read because I keep getting distracted but from the first page this book had my attention!

My main issue was that the writing wasn't as smooth as I would like but the awesome pacing kept it from being a big deal. Once I got a few chapters in I got used to the writing though and it was smooth sailing from there. Also, towards the end a bunch of crazy shit went down which had my over active imagination screaming "yaaaaaaaaaas" but I felt like it might be a tad too much for those not as melodramatic as I am. 

That's pretty much why I didn't rate it a 5 BUT I will definitely be buying this to support the author AND I encourage you all to go buy it- IT'S ONLY $.99 right now (buy links below)!

The story is sweet, steamy, and action packed! It has some true LOL moments and I will be re-reading in the future (which is a big deal to me). 

Congrats, Alison!!!



As the youngest of five girls, Alison Bliss has never turned down a challenge...or been called by the right name. Her writing career may have started out as a dare by one of her sisters, but Alison hasn't put her pen down since.


She grew up on a small island off the Texas Gulf Coast, where most of her childhood vacations consisted of camping or hunting trips to the deer lease. Although she'll always be a Texan at heart, Alison currently resides in the Midwest with her Iowa farm-boy husband and their two sons. With so much testosterone in her home, it's no wonder she writes "girl books."

She's an animal lover, a closet video game enthusiast, and believes the best way to know if someone is your soul mate is by canoeing with them because if you both make it back alive, it's obviously meant to be. Alison's an avid romance reader who enjoys penning the type of books she loves to read most: fun, steamy love stories with heart, heat, laughter, and usually a cowboy or two. As she calls it, "Romance...with a sense of humor."








No comments:

Post a Comment