Friday, August 8, 2014

Book review of Me Without You by Kelly Rimmer




If you enjoyed Me Before You by JoJo Moyes, One Day by David Nichols, or The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks – then make time for Kelly Rimmer’s stunning, heartbreaking novel Me Without You.

A story of how love can break our hearts – and heal them.

A year ago I met the love of my life. For two people who didn’t believe in love at first sight, we came pretty close.

Lilah MacDonald – beautiful, opinionated, stubborn and all kinds of wonderful in ways that words could never quite capture. The woman who taught me to live again. 

My Lilah, who gave me so much, and yet kept from me a secret that she knew would break my heart. 

My name is Callum Roberts, and this is our story.



ARC provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

 This was literally me for about and hour after having finished the book:


I have already informed Kelly via Twitter that she is an emotional terrorist but I'll say it again- "You're an emotional terrorist!!!!" :) What an incredibly touching story! I'm sitting here trying to come up with the words to describe how I feel right now.  My emotions are all over the place! 

This book reminds me so much of Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing the books, they just had similar themes and both were such powerful reads to me that I will forever cherish and revisit. 

Me Without You is the story of Lilah and Callum, who meet by chance one day and really hit it off. From the very first page I was hooked. All the characters in this book were wonderful but Lilah and Callum really stole my heart. Lliah with her quirky free spirit and Callum with his sweet thoughtful ways. (By the way, he is yet another perfectly swoon-worthy fictional man to add to my "he's not real" list.)They are both so genuine and perfect for one another. We get to witness these amazing characters falling in love in such a magnificently beautiful way! And then Kelly goes and drops a bomb into our laps. 


I laughed and I cried. And then I cried some more. And then when I finally got it together, I had to put the book down but I couldn't stop thinking about the story so I picked it up and finished it. Then I was so distraught that even my go-to comedy flick, White Chicks, couldn't get me out of my funk. DISCLAIMER: I'm a crier. So if you're a crier as well make sure to have some tissues handy and maybe don't be around other human beings or in public- #realtalk. Also, be prepared for a book hangover.



No, but really, it's an incredibly thought provoking story about life, love, and learning to live. The writing is great and will keep you absorbed and invested. Go buy it now (Buy Links are below).



"Whatever is ahead of you- please let it be ahead of us." -Callum

"You, in all of your perfect weirdness, are the love of my life. I can't fix this for us, Lilah, even though I want to more than anything else on this earth. But I can promise you that I'm yours no matter what happens next."-Callum

"I want a part of every breath she has, until the end, whatever that looks like." -Callum






No comments:

Post a Comment