Thursday, August 28, 2014

Book review of This is Falling by Ginger Scott



First, I had to remember how to breathe. Then, I had to learn how to survive. Two years, three months and sixteen days had passed since I was the Rowe Stanton from before, since tragedy stole my youth and my heart went along with it.


When I left for college, I put a thousand miles between my future and my past. I’d made a choice—I was going to cross back to the other side, to live with the living. I just didn’t know how.

And then I met Nate Preeter.

An All-American baseball player, Nate wasn’t supposed to notice a ghost-of-a-girl like me. But he did. He shouldn’t want to know my name. But he did. And when he learned my secret and saw the scars it left behind, he was supposed to run. But he didn’t.

My heart was dead, and I was never supposed to belong to anyone. But Nate Preeter had me feeling, and he made me want to be his. He showed me everything I was missing.

And then he showed me how to fall.





Copy kindly provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Holy shit, woman! I am SO glad I came across This is Falling on NetGalley! I am on a roll this summer discovering awesome reads. I JUST finished and I'm sitting here trying to form words...


This incredibly touching read is told in alternating POV's. We have Rowe (how awesome is her name?!), a girl who's life was turned upside down when tragedy struck two years ago, and Nate, a charming baseball player who has the world at his feet.

Right from the start I was HOOKED. The writing and the flow is out of this freaking world! Not once did I skim or get bored. I was along for this ride 100%. Be warned, the pacing is slow but it is full of background on these wonderful characters. I loved the way Ginger built the tension to when we found out Rowe's story and even Nate's.

Speaking of which, Rowe was a great character. It was so nice to feel yourself grow with her as she branched back out into the real world. It was very REAL and I was rooting for her the whole time. AH, and Nate was so swoon worthy! He was such a special character full of patience, kindness, and understanding. Plus, he's got that southern thing going...


One of my favorite things is that even the secondary characters were awesome! This is an emotional read and it can get pretty heavy but there was also light-hearted moments and plenty of humor- especially from Ty, Nate's brother. Some of the scenes with him had me LOL-ing! And there is a BETSY in this story. Ah! I never come across characters with my name! Oh, and for those who love these secondary characters.... we get Cass and Ty's story next. YAS.

This was my first book by Ginger Scott and you can color me impressed! Can't wait to read more from her!



Ginger Scott is a writer and journalist from Peoria, Arizona. She is the author of four young and new adult romances, with her fifth title, This Is Falling, set to release in late August 2014. 


Scott has been writing and editing for newspapers, magazines and blogs for more than 15 years. She has told the stories of Olympians, politicians, actors, scientists, cowboys, criminals and towns. For more on her and her work, visit her website at http://www.littlemisswrite.com

When she's not writing, the odds are high that she's somewhere near a baseball diamond, either watching her son field pop flies like Bryce Harper or cheering on her favorite baseball team, the Arizona Diamondbacks. Scott is married to her college sweetheart whom she met at ASU (fork 'em, Devils).





“...You are the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about at night. You are the face in all of my dreams and the smile I see when I close my eyes. Your voice when you sing in the shower late at night, when you think you’re alone, is like music to my ears- and I know, that's totally weird that I listen to you, but don't interrupt my flow, we can get back to that later..." 

"You've got me all twisted in here," I say, running my palm over my chest. "I don't know what to do, how to act, and what to say. Clearly, I don't have a fucking clue what to say! It all comes out like garbage, because there aren't any words that are good enough." 




No comments:

Post a Comment