Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Announcing our new reviewers!


As you all know, we had posted an application in search of new reviewers to join the team. We received loads of applications so we want to thank all of those who applied and expressed interest in joining us. We're so excited to introduce Karmina, Lara, and Claire! Meet the new members of the Bookcrastinators in Wonderland team below:




About Me:

Hey! I'm Karmina; Filipino, 5'1", and a Virgo. I love to read, write, and listen to Arctic Monkeys, 5SOS, & Panic! At The Disco. My dream is to be a booktuber and publish my own book. I also love to take pictures! 

Favorite genre to read: 

A large majority of my books are fantasy, but I also love a good mystery!

Favorite female character in a book. 

This is really hard to choose, but if I had to pick it would either be Annabeth Chase or Celaena Sardothien!

Favorite male character in a book. 

Hands down Percy Jackson!

Favorite book or series: 

My favorite standalone is Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys! My favorite series is probably the Percy Jackson Series!

Coffee or tea? 

Coffee!

Physical copy or e-book? 

If I'm dying to read something, I'll get the e-book then buy a physical copy if I really like it


Follow Karmina:






About me:

My name is Lara; I'm 22 years old from London Ontario. I love love love to read - mostly fiction but I'm not genre-picky! My favourite series are A Song of Ice and Fire, and The Millennium Trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). My favorite stand-alones are Gone Girl, Charlie St Cloud and anything by Jodi Picoult (Seriously, she's amazing). I am obsessed with The Dark Knight; they are my all-time favorite movies. I have seven tattoos and counting (I also love boy with tattoos.) I went to school for X-Ray, and am currently job-hunting, but it is my main goal to write a book of my own someday. 

Favourite genre to read: 

I'd probably have to say contemporary because it is all-encompassing, but I also love dystopian/post-apocalyptic and mystery!

Favourite book to movie adaptation:

Definitely The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, the reason being that in these rare cases I enjoyed the movies far more than the books (I know, I know, don't hate me!)

Favourite bookish quote:

The long but unforgettable "Cool Girl" quote from Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl. (If you're not familiar, look it up. Better yet, read the book!)

Another is from George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire: "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." 

Favourite author(s):

Jodi Picoult
Gillian Flynn
Mitch Albom

Coffee or tea:

Tea! Specifically Earl Grey - yum!

Physical copy or e-book:

I'm old school: always physical! 


Follow Lara!





About Me:

 Hey there! My name is Claire and I live in St. Louis, MO and am 17 years old. My favorite books are Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, and the whole Harry Potter series. My favorite things to do are read, watch movies, play basketball, and spend time with my family! My favorite quote is "We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken."-John Green, Looking for Alaska  

​Favorite genre to read? 

Fantasy

Favorite female character in a book.

 Celaena Sardothein

Favorite male character in a book. 

Augustus Waters 

Favorite book or series? 

 Throne of Glass or Harry Potter

Coffee or tea? 

 Coffee!

Physical copy or e-book?

Physical! 

Follow Claire:

Twitter - Youtube - Goodreads


1 comment: