Thursday, September 11, 2014

Book Review and Book Tour of As Darkness Gathers by Emma Elliot




When their plane goes down in the Canadian wilderness, Finch Rhodes’s and Clay Gandy’s lives become entwined. Together they face the unforgiving elements of unfamiliar terrain in winter. With their lives at stake, Finch and Clay are forced to rely on one another to survive, and they forge a bond that lasts even after they are rescued.

Finch struggles to adjust to normal life upon returning home, hindered by seemingly harmless mishaps that soon escalate into brutal attacks. She once again comes to rely on Clay, but as the connection between them deepens, the threat against her grows.

With her life in jeopardy, Finch must decide whether those she loves are the ones she can trust.



This book was almost a 5 for me. The reason it didn't happen is because I got really thrown off at the beginning of the book. Mind you, it's not like the synopsis is deceiving- I just couldn't get past what I initially thought was a surviving in the wilderness book, not being about survival in the wilderness. #sueme

In the synopsis it explains that the story is based more on life after the plane crash, but I just couldn't get over it. I really enjoyed the first part when the plane goes down but I felt it was way too rushed. In my opinion, that entire section of the book could have been successfully expanded. It almost makes me feel like the plane crash was unnecessary and with all the drama that comes later, not even important in the plot.

However, once the characters go back to living their lives and we get past them settling back in, I got into the swing of things I couldn't stop reading.

And then the drama started and I was SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!


Seriously, this book delivers in the drama department. It was so satisfying even though it could be quite unbelievable especially after the plane crash bit.

I thought the characters were really great. I grew attached to them and came to love them and their development. I kind of wish we could get stories for the secondary characters. I felt they were well developed and really lovely! 

Overall, this is a thrilling read that I definitely recommend!!! 1-click it!



I first developed a love of suspense when I was six–years–old. I was hiding from my cousins and sister in one of the closets in my grandmother's house when I discovered a passageway, though not so secret, linking two closets together. I also stumbled upon a stack of worn Bobbsey Twins mysteries in that seeming labyrinth. I spent much of my childhood in that closet, by choice I assure you, reading mystery novels by flashlight. My love of reading and writing grew simultaneously. Soon I was creating my own variations of the stories I read and penning my own tales. Through bouts of working as a tutor, an editor, an apple- and peach-picker, a waitress, a dog walker, a nanny, a retail associate, and a reservationist at a ski resort, writing has remained my passion, and A Thin, Dark Line, a romantic suspense, is my first novel.


I have an indefatigable love of westerns and war movies, cold weather, good books, scarves, polka-dots, Irish wolfhounds (and dogs in general), yoga, cardigans and button-up blouses, uniforms, hand-written letters, pillows, Burt’s Bees lip balm, hiking, and Williams-Sonoma’s peppermint hot chocolate. 



I currently live on the eastern seaboard and consider myself a wandering homebody. I travel often for work, which provides fodder for the imagination and plentiful hours to write my next novel while sitting in airports.







No comments:

Post a Comment