Friday, September 26, 2014

Book Review of Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle #1) by Rachel Hawkins




Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.


Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him—and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.




This book is about a normal girl name Harper Price that is perfect. Perfect looks, perfect grades, the perfect boyfriend: a perfect life. But all that changes the night of the Homecoming Dance and soon after when Harper finds out her true destiny is to be a paladin and protector of her biggest enemy: David Stark,  the weirdo newspaper reporter. Will Harper live up to her destiny of being a paladin? Or will she back out?

I really really REALLY enjoyed this book. I read it in about 3 days and completely abandoned social life and the normal-functioning society.


I rated this book a 4/5 stars simply because I found the main character, Harper, slightly annoying at some times. She is a very girly, whiny teenager that I thought I wasn't going to like throughout the whole story. And I couldn't help not to picture her like this; 


But the character development in this book was AMAZING. Harper's character matures and changes throughout the whole book, and I really appreciated and was really excited about that. 


The main reason why I liked this book was because of the action and the realistic scenarios that took place. The book hooked me and brought me in from the beginning and once I started I couldn't put it down. 


And that ending?! All I remember saying was



I didn't want it to be over! Luckily, the second book in the series comes out May 2015. 



Yep. I already pre-ordered it. 

Overrall, this book was amazing! It is the perfect mix of contemporary and fantasy. A fantsastic read! That's all for now, I'll see you guys soon with a review of Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas! Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment