Sunday, September 21, 2014

Debut Authors Bash- Rebecca Yarros


We're so excited to be participating in the Debut Authors Bash hosted over at YA Reads
Today we get to highlight the awesome Rebecca Yarros. 


Rebecca Yarros is a hopeless romantic and lover of all things chocolate, coffee, and Paleo. In addition to being a mom, military wife, and blogger, she can never choose between Young Adult and New Adult fiction, so she writes both. She’s a graduate of Troy University, where she studied European history and English, but still holds out hope for an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. Her blog, The Only Girl Among Boys, has been voted the Top Military Mom Blog the last two years, and celebrates the complex issues surrounding the military life she adores.


When she’s not writing, she’s tying on hockey skates for her kids, or sneaking in some guitar time. She is madly in love with her army-aviator husband of eleven years, and they’re currently stationed in Upstate NY with their gaggle of rambunctious kiddos and snoring English Bulldog, but she would always rather be home in Colorado. 





First of all, let me (Betsy) fan girl a little. HI!!! I LOVED your book! When I read the synopsis I knew I was going to like it but when I started bawling like a lunatic just a few pages in, I knew I was a goner. You really know how to draw someone in and not let them go. I can’t wait to read more by you! I will admit, I checked out your blog after I read Full Measures and it all sort of clicked for me- why I felt so much when I read this book. I realized I read something honest that came from the heart. You seriously have a fan at Bookcrastinators in Wonderland!

Betsy: What inspired you to write this book?

Ry: FULL MEASURES was inspired a lot by our military lifestyle, and my worst fear: My husband not coming home to me. I’m the daughter of two retired Army Officers who were themselves, army brats. Of course I ended up married to this gorgeous Army pilot! When I questioned, “if I lost my dad during those pivotal years, would I have made the same choices? Who would I have become?” Well, that started the ball rolling.

Betsy: Like I mentioned before, I was immediately sucked in to the story not only plot wise, but emotionally as well. I felt it was honest and real. Do you think being a military wife made it easier or harder to write this book?

RY: Thank you so much!!!  Both. Easier, because I know the details of the process intimately. Harder, because so many emotions are sucked right out of our life from when my husband was seriously wounded, and the times we’ve buried our friends.

Betsy: If you could be any character in any novel who would you choose? Why?

RY: Oooh, you have to ask the tough questions, don’t you! I LOVE Jagger almost as much as bacon, but I’ll have to say Sam, because she’s feisty, strong, yet soft, and I know who she ends up with…  ;)

Betsy: Which 3 fictional characters would you like to be paired up with during a zombie Apocalypse?

RY:
1. Daryl from The Walking Dead… because… duh.
2.Oliver Queen from Arrow… because he’s deadly and really pretty to look at.
3.Hermione Granger from Harry Potter… because when in doubt, she’s going to figure something out.

Betsy: If you could only keep one book for the rest of your life which one would it be and why?

RY: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, because I’m an HP addict, and it has a little bit of everything I love!

Betsy: Are you working on any new projects?

RY: I’m actually getting ready for my first pass edits on EYES TURNED SKYWARD, which is Jagger’s story, starting up the third book in this series, and playing around with a few Urban Fantasies in between folding laundry and chasing our 6 tiny humans.

Quickie questions:

Favorite genre to read? Tie between NA/Paranormal Romance/YA Urban fantasy

Favorite genre to write? YA Urban fantasy

Favorite author? Gena Showalter

Favorite childhood book? Chronicles of Narnia

Favorite book quote? “Though she be but little, she is Fierce.” Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream

Coffee or tea? Coffee. All day. Every day.

Physical copy or e-book? Both for the ones I can’t get enough of.


You can see Betsy's review of Full Measures here.



A new adult novel from Entangled's Embrace imprint...


Three knocks can change everything…

"She knew. That’s why Mom hadn’t opened the door. She knew he was dead."

Twenty years as an army brat and Ember Howard knew, too. The soldiers at the door meant her dad was never coming home. What she didn’t know was how she would find the strength to singlehandedly care for her crumbling family when her mom falls apart. 

Then Josh Walker enters her life. Hockey star, her new next-door neighbor, and not to mention the most delicious hands that insist on saving her over and over again. He has a way of erasing the pain with a single look, a single touch. As much as she wants to turn off her feelings and endure the heartache on her own, she can’t deny their intense attraction.

Until Josh’s secret shatters their world. And Ember must decide if he’s worth the risk that comes with loving a man who could strip her bare.




“He tasted like sin and heaven, all in one man.” 


“We’re taking it slow until you say so, because I can’t bear to hear a ‘no’ from you. But here’s your only warning: I’m going to chase the fuck out of you.” 


“How can we love each other this much and not make it? Why does a love like ours hurt us both so badly?” 




No comments:

Post a Comment