Monday, September 29, 2014

Joint Book Review of Becoming Calder (A Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan




There is a place in modern day America with no electricity, no plumbing, and no modern conveniences. In this place, there is no room for dreams, no space for self-expression, and no tolerance for ambition.

In this place, there is a boy with the body of a God and the heart of a warrior. He is strong and faithful and serves his family honorably. But he dares to dream of more.

In this place, there is a girl with the face of an angel and a heart full of courage. To her family, she is the vision of obedient perfection. But she dares to want that which she has been told can never be hers. 

Becoming Calder is the story of good versus evil, fear versus bravery, and the truth that the light of love has always found its way into even the darkest of places... From the beginning of time, to the end of the world.

THIS IS THE FIRST PART IN A TWO-PART SIGN OF LOVE SERIES INSPIRED BY AQUARIUS. THE SECOND PART, FINDING EDEN, WILL RELEASE SIMULTANEOUSLY. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.


Melody: Mia Sheridan is one of the best authors out there. She makes me want to shout from the rooftops "READ HER BOOKS!". 

Betsy: I agree with Melody 110%! If you haven't already done so, add her to your auto 1-click list of authors... nao.


Melody: Archers Voice was my favorite Mia Sheridan book and it probably still is but Becoming Calder is basically almost tied. The stories are just SO different, the world in Becoming Calder is a bit darker but the love story is just as beautiful. I love the way Mia goes deeper than most authors, most of her books begin with glimpses of childhood moments that lead to defining the character in the future.  I really enjoy being able to see why characters are the way they are.

Betsy: Mia Sheridan knows how to write the perfect story. She is so gifted at writing the most beautiful love stories with the perfect amount of drama and realness. From the very beginning I was ready to go!

Melody: You guys probably know by now that I love me some forbidden love stories. This one delivered in every single way. I fell in love with Calder & Eden and I was literally chewing off my nails during the second half of the book.  Calder & Eden kept giving me mini heart attacks but I enjoyed that they were willing to risk everything for each other.


Betsy: I really enjoyed the characters. ALL OF THEM. They were so well written and developed- even gross ass Hector. These characters just leaped off the page and I became so involved in their world and their quests for truth, love, and happiness. I also really enjoyed the tenderness shared between Calder and Eden. You just can't help but root for them.

Melody: THAT ENDING. OMG I CANNOT RIGHT NOW. Needles to say, I'm dying for Finding Eden! I can't wait to see where this story goes and Mia Sheridan is definitely on my auto-buy list.

Betsy: YES! That ending killed me. Thank the Gods (see what I did there?!) I have Finding Eden ready to read. I must know what happens next!!! Make sure you pick this up. And although I haven't read Finding Eden yet, just go ahead and pick that up at the same time. I'm sure it will be just as fabulous! 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Bookcrastinators :) I nominated you guys for the One Lovely Blog Award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And silly me, I forgot to add the link: http://checkmybooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/one-lovely-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete