Friday, October 10, 2014

Book review of Dire (The Dire Wolves Chronicles #1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy



Gage was the first guy I ever wanted. He was my first crush and my first fantasy, but he wasn't my first in any other way because he never saw me as anything more than a friend— at least not until the night that changed everything.

It was all Gage's fault. He insisted we drive through the storm and take the back roads. By the time the storm hit full force we had no chance. One night of snowbound sex changed our relationship forever. The problem was at the same time I caught another guy’s attention. This other guy happened to be the alpha of a pack of shifter wolves. I thought the wolves were the worst of my problems, but I was wrong. When things went from bad to worse I had to make a lifelong sacrifice to save Gage, but what price is too much to save the one you love?



So lately I've been really intrigued by the new adult paranormal genre. When I read the synopsis for this one I was instantly interested!


This was a great first book in series. When building a paranormal world one must be careful and not give information overload. The author did a great job in not overwhelming me with information.  Going into the book, I thought it was going to be a paranormal world with only werewolves but it's not and I REALLY like that.  I'm eager to find out more!

I'm honestly genuinely confused as to the shipping. I mean, I know who I ship but I have a feeling it's not gonna happen. Either way, I'll go down with this one.


The werewolves in this one are a bit different from the ones I'm used to yet there are similarities. I'm very intrigued as to where the next story will go as far as the world building.

All in all I'm dying for the second book! If you like werewolves, paranormal & new adult I would give this one a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment