Friday, October 3, 2014

Review of Tear Stained Beaches by Courtney Giardina & Holding on to Georgia Trailer




Haylie Julian wants nothing more than to put her crumbling marriage back together. Chase used to be a fun-loving, light hearted husband who had lately become an overworked attorney obsessed with climbing the corporate ladder. It isn’t long before Haylie starts waking up next to a man she barely knows. His secretive phone calls and late nights at the office leave her feeling alone and afraid of what he might be hiding. Ignoring his continuous pleas to just leave well enough alone, she continues to dig for answers and discovers a heartbreaking truth.


Struggling with what she has just learned, Haylie sets off to a quaint little North Carolina beach town to decide if her marriage can survive. It isn’t long after she arrives that her world is once again turned upside down as Chase’s secret stares her right in the face.




Haylie and Chase are married but Haylie is starting to doubt her husband. Chase is withdrawing (and being super shady) and as clues to his infidelity are becoming clearer, Haylie has to finally admit to herself that he's having an affair. #indenial #toughchoices


This story was very real. I mean, take a look at the subject matter. It's as real as you can get and honestly, it felt like a very genuine read to me. My only issue is that it was a short read **sobs**. BUT even though it was a short read, I felt that the pacing and the flow was great.

Haylie was a fantastic character. This girl is strong. Yes, she's a human so she has her "weaker" moments but I loved that she ultimately stood up for herself and chose herself over a POS. The connection you create to her is pretty instant and strong. I felt like she was a friend and I kept rooting for her!

Overall, a quick but wonderful and empowering read! Check out a teaser for Courtney's next book, Holding on to Georgia below. Also, make sure to add her on all social media (links below)! 



I was born in raised and Western, NY. And yes, it is western, not upstate. After more than two decades, I decided to trade in the cold winters for hot and humid Charlotte, NC summers (and sometimes spring and a little bit of fall). Since then I’ve bee focusing on finally do all the things I said I would do someday. I love my dog, he’s my right hand man, but he’s not the man of the house. That belongs to my cat, he’s kinda crazy. Country music has my heart. My favorite song of all time is Rhett Akins “That Ain’t My Truck.” To challenge myself I run. Mostly because I used to be horrible at it, but I’m starting to get the hang of this 5k and 8k thing. Contemplating a 10k, but no promises on that. There are a lot of places I haven’t seen in life that I would love to go. Italy and Paris are high on that list.
I write to save my soul. It makes me whole and happy and the fact that all of you enjoy what I put on paper makes me love it even more. Thank you for letting me share my stories with you.
Five ThingsYou Might Be Surprised To Know About Me
1. I loves Pirates (and when I say that, I mean Captain Jack Sparrow type pirates.  The ones who wear pirate hats, walk around with parrots on their shoulders, shout Ahot Matee! and appear in movies like Peter Pan, Hook and Pirates of the Caribbean.)
2. I am a pretty fabulous singer  (in my Jeep). If you pass by me at a red light, don’t be surprised if you find me all out jamming to one of my favorite country songs in the drivers seat. In those moments I like to believe I sound just like Carrie Underwood.
3. I can throw a pretty mean right hook. As a health and fitness nut, I’ve tried all types of workouts, but as of late, my favorite way to get an insane full body workout is boxing.
4. Someday you’ll  find my name on the Hollywood walk of fame (in my dreams). On top of writing, I also love acting. I’ve been featured in a few indie films in the Charlotte area including my very first, Subjugation. Feel free to check it out here. If you asked me what my dream job would be, that’s what I’d tell you. Actress, TV Personality, anything in entertainment that allows me interact with people, make them laugh or cry and just be the creative girl I love to be.
5. After I clock out of my day job, I head on out to stunt, tumble and cheer as a middle school cheerleading coach.






No comments:

Post a Comment