Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Book Review for To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1) by Jenny Han




To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all. 



Before I read this, I was in a reading slump. I've never been in a reading slump this bad, let me tell you. I was on a roll with all these fantasy reads, and then- *BAM*-I couldn't pick up any books. Then I saw about a million posts on Instagram for To All the Boys I've Love Before and wondered, unsure. I've never been good with contemporary romances. But the reviews were too good for me to resist.

Again, I'm not good with these reads, so I was a little harsh at first. The cover was beautiful- photography was quality and eye catching and I'm a sucker for handwritten titles.

From the very beginning, you can tell it's going to be an interesting read. Our main character, Lara Jean, is a little silly and odd and sometimes attracts negative comments, but in my opinion, she grows a little. I'm still waiting for more development in the sequel and I'm sure we'll get it. She's quirky and funny too.

Our other characters are Kitty, Margot, Josh, Peter, and Chris. Kitty and Margot are Lara Jean's sisters and it was a roller coaster of feelings for me. As it says in the synopsis, Lara Jean is crushing on Josh, Margot's ex-boyfriend. Not much love for him to be honest. For some reason, I'm always in love with characters like Peter. I'm not sure how to describe it, but he's a good character and I can't wait to see him in the next book. Chris is Lara Jean's best friend, but she doesn't really come into play that much in the book. She really does have the potential to be a fun character, so maybe that comes along in the second book.

All in all, I give To All the Boys I've Loved Before a 4.5 star rating. If you're looking for a nice romance read, just pick up Jenny Han book!

No comments:

Post a Comment